Google tag

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cartoon character and personality

SITS girls writing-prompts-august is "Which cartoon character best represents your personality?"  It would have to be Bill the Cat. 


No one gets to this point in life without feeling a little beat up (I'm a 1959 model).  A little back story explanation, for those new to reading my blog.  Once upon a time, Tami was a high-powered executive managing a company, owing real estate and driving a fancy car.  Then the recession/depression began around 2007-2008.  The first thing to go was the fancy car - I still mourn the Mercedes.  Next went the real estate - short sold, ruined credit, no more money pit.  Lastly, the career, now in public service - low wages but near guaranteed stability. 

I would have told my 20-year old self to keep a close watch on the inflow/outflow of money.  Go to college early on in life, I keep telling my kids that, but the message hasn't sunk in yet.  While location is the key in real estate, timing the market can make or break you (I, being in the latter category). 

I'm still here, a little ruffled and a little mussed up, just like Bill the Cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment