Last day of the work week, I went to the Sacramento Goodwill on 16th Street. There were racks and racks of the 99 cent clothes. Every once in awhile, a quality piece will surface. I purchased the Briggs slacks and a full-length Allison Taylor silk skirt.
The best spot for clothes of the Amador County thrift shops is Amador Hospice, not only are they open on Sunday, the clothes are priced at thrift shop levels. This J.R. Roppers camel-colored dress length sweater was $5.50. A good sign that it had never been worn, the extra button was still attached to the tag. The mustard colored long sleeved collared Worthington shirt was $2.50.
I literally gasp when I find high-end labels at the thrift shops. I could not ask for a better fit in this True Religion brand jeans ($5.50), I know those go for around $100 retail. The red Tweeds 100% cashmere sweater is in perfect condition ($5.50). I had just been complaining to Mr. VZ that all of the cashmere sweaters sold out before Christmas so I wasn't able to do my 1/2 off retail cashmeres - now I have found two this month at the thrift shops.
Weekend sunset through the tangle of oak tree branches.
Linking up with unknownmami for ~
30 Minus 2 Days of Writing
On February 1st, the challenge will begin. On February 28th, the challenge will end.
Because I would be the first one to break them, there are NO RULES. What does that mean? Well it means:
- There’s no minimum or maximum word limit. You can write five, 500 or 5,000 words. But please don’t write 5,000 words.
- You determine the writing style of each post. Poems, essays, anecdotes, articles, fact, fiction, knock-knock jokes, drunken ramblings, porn… all of these are acceptable.
- While this is a writing challenge, re-posting an older post on occasion is permitted – providing it’s in keeping with the prompt.
- There is no specific time to post. I’ll be scheduling my posts for 8 o’clock in the morning, Montreal time, and you will find a linky-thing at the end of my post where you can link up.
- You do NOT have to post every single day. Life happens and sometimes it takes a couple of days until you sober up. Trust me, we understand. Hell, CheesyMike only managed a piddly 15 posts last time around. The wuss.
- Again, this is a creative writing challenge. The prompts are guidelines and do not have to be strictly adhered to. If the prompt is “Nicky is to be revered” and you use “Nicky should be worshiped as the Supreme Goddess of everything, everywhere.”, that is perfectly acceptable.
Now that we’ve got all that out of the way, here are the themes:
- Hold on
- And the next thing I knew
- You better put out
- 15 minutes
- The mayor
- Road trip
- The day I met Abraham Lincoln
- Where can I get a good blintz?
- Or else
- Whatever, dude
- Home at last
- Little things
- The other shoe
- Last train
- Fact or Fiction
- Deal with it
- And that’s why I got drunk
- Is that all